Friday, March 6, 2009

What A Week

What a week it was for me this week, packed and interestingly shorter though still with the same number of days! Kicking off with opening of the Development Exhibition at the Dewan Suarah Mukah on Sunday, March 1 which my office participated. I have to rush back to Matu in the afternoon for another function - the Malam Mesra Ria Matu 2009 held at the Matu Waterfront at 8 pm.

The function was attended by YB Encik Abu Seman Jahwie, ADUN N.38 Jemoreng who later gave away prizes to winners of various competition such as karaoke, poco-poco, shuffle, Ratu Kebaya Remaja etc that kept the crowd till 12.30 am.

Next morning I rushed back to Mukah for a meeting regarding the YAB Chief Minister's visit to Mukah. Since my office Land Cruiser is still 'in the dock' due to the last flood, I have to rely on my Kembara, my reliable Kembara. Back to Matu late in the evening, it's all the household routines - laundry, ironing and 'surfing'.


March 3, 8.30 am - I attended the installation of the new councillors of the Matu-Daro District Council (MDMD) of which I was part of. The ceremony was followed by a lunch and later a meeting with councillors.

March 4 was my only full day in the office this week which enabled me to clear off my table, mails and entertain some public. Late evening it was another rush back to Mukah for a meeting next morning.

The SDMC meeting on March 5 attended by Permanent Secretaries and Residents, and chaired by the State Secretary, Datuk Amar Wilson Baya Dandot was held at the Menara Pehin Setia Raja. The State Secretary later went for site visits to some ongoing projects around the Division.

Today, March 6 was a big one. YAB Chief Minister Pehin Sri Haji Abdul Taib Mahmud visited Mukah to hand over some financial assistance to the recent flood and fire victims in Mukah Division which was held at the Politeknik Mukah.

After the Friday prayers, the Chief Minister spent some time at the Development Exhibition at the Dewan Suarah Mukah. And of course, he visited our booth which brings back some memories of the old days of Matu.

Thank you, YAB Pehin Sri... from all of us in Matu

What better way can I ask for to end the week than this. Another week gone and another one will come, and I AM READY. We all should be!


No comments:

Post a Comment