Thursday, January 29, 2009

Just Something Different

I have been giving updates on flood in Matu during the early Jan 2009 occurrence although another one has occurred during Christmas 2008. And this week starting yesterday Jan 28, it looks like Matu is going to have it for the third time in 2 months. Water has swell to knee level at certain areas and it’s raining non-stop today but it’s not going to be my story for now as events will be just a repetition of the past two.


I was browsing through my photo collection last night as my home was already an island separated from Matu mainland by then. So I found something that I thought would be interesting to share and to remind me that there’s always something different out there if you look further.


A coconut tree that made a big story in Kg. Simalatung, Simunjan in 2008.

They said there's a cross up there. Got this during my election duties (GE 08) in the area.


On June 8 last year, a friend called, telling me that if I put an egg in the middle

of the sun at mid-day today, it will stand up. I tried and it did.

I don't know why but my friend said it's something to do with Chinese belief.


A beautiful butterfly I found at home in Sri Aman with a snake head print on its wings.


Another interesting find at my home in Sri Aman.

This two-tailed lizard is a regular occupant of my kitchen wall.

Caught it once but it looks better in the 'wild'.


Another one but this one is from my parents home in Dalat.


An interesting plant found along the banks of Igan river locally called 'kelepok' (??)

The young leaves is good for 'ulam' with 'inut'. I'm sure blogger Rose Ragai knows better about this Batang Igan starfruit.


With my camera ready at all time, I hope not to miss anything 'interesting' that comes by. Sometimes it may just look like nothing special, but it's worth to look a little bit further. I'm looking forward to see UFOs or even aliens someday. They are out there.


6 comments:

  1. yes..it is called kelepuk and when i was a kid i like to play with the fruits. my second eldest brother really like to eat the young leaves of this tree.eat with inut is perfect! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rose. There's a lot more wonderful plants along this majestic Batang Igan and they can be beautiful in pictures. Keep looking around...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ermm.. i thought that plant can cause some sort of allergies on us. we call it 'seningen'. that's y i rarely touch that plant, let alone eat it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As far as my experience, 'kelepuk' does not 'menyingen' but another plant commonly found along Batang Igan called 'bengeh' does. It cause itchiness and swelling. I've seen lots of my younger days friends got it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmm.. it DOES menyingen us. I don't know. sometimes lain keluarga, lain the thing that menyingen. but bengeh do menyingen as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, hamster me for the info and thanks for dropping by. Belated Happy New Year 2009.

    ReplyDelete