Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Being Fifty Plus

As days goes on in my Big 50, I feel as if I'm a member of a new club, feeling so junior in the senior age group. But when I look around at the younger ones, the feeling of care and responsibility grows deeper. They need our guidance as much as we need their presence to help make a better world for their children who are our grandchildren, so on and on.

A better world starts here, with you and me having our own role to play. No owner's manual to start with, no checklist to refer to. It's just what you think is right and good for the world. We will be like an umbrella, coming in different sizes, designs and colors but with one reason - TO PROTECT.

Thank you, my loving wife - Mariam, my wonderful boys - Victor, Arthur-Garret, Eugene & Mark Ian for being my best friends.

Thank you, Mr. Galvin Martin & family for the nice book and kind thoughts on the day. God Bless you all.


And of course, thank you, my old and new friends on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment